Tricolor flags on display in every nook & cranny, the tune of patriotic songs filling ears, retails busy promoting Independence Day Sale- enter the month of August and we cannot but help notice the vibe of patriotism & pride flooding around. While we all are gearing up to celebrate the 76th year of freedom with full gusto, we hope you guys have already planned your Independence Day special look in advance, and it does not involve the age-old kurtas again! Don’t get us wrong, there’s nothing unbecoming about going traditional on this day, jusr that white kurtas have dominated the Independence Day fashion scene so long that we thought it deserves some break. But worry not, coz Bumchums is here to flip the script and get you rocking the tricolor like never before, with a casual twist!
- White Wonders: Starting off with the canvas of freedom -white! If you are wondering what to wear for the morning flag hoisting event at your club or kid’s school , a crisp & classic white polo t-shirt will not just form the base for your tricolor ensemble but will help you turn head with its timeless appeal. Style it with a blue denim & finish the look with an olive-green or orange waist-coat. Voila, you’re all event-ready for d-day!
- Orange Oomph: Radiate the vibe of courage & sacrifice with the zesty orange. Suited for a cool n vibrant look, you can pick a round neck orange tee to pair with a blue lounger or bermuda for a more relaxed, casual afternoon soiree with friends or slip into chinos with polo tees for a slightly formal occasions like a cultural program.
- Glorious in Green: Let your Independence Day ensemble liven up with a dash of green. Pair your green tees with white bottoms & throw in a tricolor scarf to light up your gram with an boho yet classic Independence day OOTD.
- Layering Like a Pro: Layering is the biggest trick to take your tricolor look to the next level. Just ramp up a breezy white shirt or waist coat over your green or orange crew neck tee for an effortlessly cool style. You can add the contrast color hanky in chest –pocket for finishing the tricolor look with elan.
- Accessorize with Finesse: Accessories that nod to the theme are key to completing the indie-look for the day. From tricolor scarfs, caps to wristbands or a classic watch with a tricolor strap- choose accents that complement your outfit perfectly. White sneakers work with any tricolor combination. Alternatively, go for sneakers with hints of orange or green to add a touch of coordination.
Whether you're partaking in a social activity, enjoying a patriotic movie marathon with family or attending an office event this Independence Day, break the tradition & set the trend with contemporary casualwear while paying homage to our nation's spirit. Happy Independence Day from Bumchums!